Day 12 Armenteira to Vilanova De Arousa +-25km’s

The silence in the Monastery was conducive to a very good night of rest. It helped that doors closed at 9:15pm last night. You’re either in or out. The nuns kindly prepared breakfast for us.  I’ll never forget our stay at the Armenteira Monastery.

Today I walked in loving memory of my Aunt Trienie Combrink, Born 15 February 1947, passed away 07 June 2019.

I left a stone at the Armenteira Monastery wrapped in a South African flag in her memory. On the Camino if you pick up a stone, you put your sorrow into it, when you place the stone you leave some of your sorrow behind.

I placed the stone and what happened after that was the most incredible experience I’ve ever had on any of my Camino’s.

We started walking at 7:30am, after 300 metres we entered Ruta de la piedra y del agua (Route of Stone and Water)

It was the most amazing forest I’ve ever had the privilege of walking through.

It gave me time to reflect on life and just commune with nature.

We were fortunate having approximately 6km’s in the beautiful forest. 

The final 8km’s went through residential areas before arriving at the coast for the last stretch to Vilanova De Arousa.


Remembering my Aunt this morning.





The Stone wrapped in the SA flag ribbon.



The Monastery where it was placed.



Auntie Trienie 



Leaving Monastery Armenteira.



Route of Stone and Water.




































A fisherman.



Door of the day.



The flowers on the route.







Beautiful Chapel on the route.





Smelling the roses.



Way-Mark 



Arriving in Vilanova De Arousa.













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 13 Vilanova De Arousa to Pontecesures +-2.5km’s

Day 14 Pontecesures to Picaraña +-13km’s

Day 9 O Porriño to Arcade +-23km’s